Job PostingBack to Join Our Team
Position Title: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) COORDINATOR
Company/Program: Windsor Essex Community Health Centre (WE CHC) Corporate Services
Classification: Full Time (35 Hours per week); 12 MONTH CONTRACT, $32.01hr - $38.56hr
Date Posted: Friday, May 10, 2019
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
The Data Management/IT Administrator functions as a member of the Corporate Services team and provides a broad range of technical and data management support throughout the Centre related to the input, quality and reporting of data and information management systems. This position will also be responsible for the following:
• Respond to and troubleshoot all technical Help Desk calls from all staff in a timely manner.
• Provide desktop, server, network and applications support.
• Ensure local software and hardware system changes and enhancements are compliant with CHC system-wide processes and standards.
• Coordinate and schedule hardware and software installations and maintenance.
• Provide technical and end-user support of the current clinical management system (Electronic Medical Record/EMR).
• Support the design of the network infrastructure and the evaluation and recommendation of new software and hardware to ensure continuous improvement of client and Centre requirements.
• Support the IT team with capacity planning for computers and networks and resolve issues ensuring system/data integrity and overall system stability.
• Work in collaboration with the Data Management Coordinator (DMC) to ensure information regarding data collection and quality management is distributed to all relevant departments, including leadership and funders.
• Provide on-going support and training for staff related to data-entry, standardization, and reporting.
• Present information in an understandable and accurate format for a variety of applications within the Centre.
• Ensure high quality data is available for extraction by developing and implementing systems to identify, track, correct and prevent errors.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• One year experience in database management, query development, report writing and information technology.
• Excellent computer proficiency, including; operating systems, networking, computer repair, Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated understanding of statistical and research method, and data quality management.
• Experience with Databases (Access/SQL), or Hummingbird BI, Cognos and Nightingale on Demand an asset.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of business information systems and support.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team in an inter-professional environment.
• Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Ability to work some evening and/or weekend hours.
• Experience as an adult trainer/educator, an asset.
• Understanding of primary health care clinical and social service practices, an asset.
• Bilingual (English/French) language skills an asset.
• Clean driver’s abstract and a current and valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s License with reliable transportation to support travel throughout Windsor-Essex County.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
• Undergraduate degree or diploma in a related program from a recognized university or college, or equivalent work experience and related Certification in Database and/or Information Technology Management.
• Completion of a Police Clearance and Vulnerable Sector Check prior to commencing employment.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm, May 22, 2019. Refer to posting CSIT19AC.