Job PostingBack to Join Our Team
Position Title: Medical Secretary
Company/Program: Windsor Essex Community Health Centre
Salary Classification: Full Time 35 Hours Week, 12-18 Month Contract
Date Posted: May 15, 2018
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
This position will support the mission, vision and values of the Windsor Essex Community Health Centre (WE CHC). This position will support safety, quality care of clients/patients.
• Perform reception and administrative duties, including; greeting clients in person and on the phone, coordinating meetings and taking meeting minutes, photocopying, faxing and scanning documents into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
• Schedule client, specialist and diagnostic testing appointments
• Prepare, maintain, update, retrieve, track and file charts manually and electronically
• Ensure accurate tracking and logging of all client interventions, hours and appropriate reporting requirements as identified by the Erie St. Clair Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) and the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MOHLTC)
• Provide referral information for internal and/or external programs and services to support the “circle of care” for clients
• Prepare referral and consultation letters as requested
• Maintain appointment scheduling template and an up-to-date resource and referral directory
• Revise providers’ schedules and produce day sheets as requested by program director
• Implement document management and distribution systems and maintain inventory of necessary forms and supplies.
• Maintain petty cash, as required
• Initiate crisis response procedures when necessary
• Assist program staff with word processing, data entry and administrative needs
• Experience with data collection and use of excel is a requirement
• Ability to work varied hours and weekends when required
• Perform other duties that support the mission and vision of the organization and/or as assigned based on position responsibilities and/or site requirements.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Minimum 2-5 years recent experience in a health setting
• Experience with reception responsibilities using a multi-line phone system and EMR
• Proficient in typing, the use of computers and various software applications is required
• Exceptional customer service skills are required to work with internal and external clients, community partners and resources
• Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills, combined with good analytical, problem solving, organizational and administrative skills
• Ability to speak Spanish or Low German an asset
• Clean driver’s abstract and a current and valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s License with reliable transportation to support travel throughout Windsor-Essex County and the province as required.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
• Medical Secretary Diploma from a recognized institution
• Member of the Ontario Medical Secretaries Association is preferred
• Additional training in computer software applications and/or secretarial skills an asset
• Completion of a Police Clearance and Vulnerable Sector Check prior to commencing employment.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm, Friday, May 25, 2018. Refer to posting LMMS18AC.