Job PostingBack to Join Our Team
Position Title: Social Worker
Company/Program: Windsor Essex Community Health Centre
Salary Classification: Full Time Permanent, 35 Hours per week
Date Posted: September 25, 2018
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
The Social Worker will provide counselling/therapy and other therapeutic functions, crisis intervention and participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and service for individuals, families and the community. As a key member of the inter-professional team, the Social Worker will:
• Implement appropriate strategies by working with the inter-professional team using a client centered approach, providing individual, family and group work services to clients
• Contribute to chart documentation, participate in chart reviews and case conferences and make referrals to other community services as appropriate
• Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment, education, counselling and health promotion programs and services for individual, couples, families and the community served by the Centre
• Assist clients and the community to build support networks
• Perform intake assessment, counselling/therapy and crisis intervention functions for individuals and families while managing caseloads effectively
• Act as a resource person/client advocate to centre staff, clients and community partners by compiling information on community resources and facilitate access to those resources by liaising with community groups
• Collaborate with WECHC staff and other community agencies to identify, recommend and/or develop resources and materials, and participate in delivery of programs and services
• Supervise graduate students in field placement practicum or internships
• Demonstrate a commitment to a safe environment for staff, clients and families by working in compliance with the WECHC related policies, health and safety regulations and completing mandated training and educational sessions as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Minimum 3-5 years recent experience in counselling/therapy, with preference to those who have worked in a community health setting
• Proficiency in current assessment, and psychosocial counseling techniques for working with individuals, couples, families and the community
• Must have experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
• Adherence to the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of Social Work
• Proficient in typing, the use of computers and various software applications is required
• Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills, combined with good analytical, problem solving, organizational and administrative skills
• Bilingual (English/French) language skills an asset
• Current, valid Class “G” Driver’s License is required and reliable personal transportation to support travel throughout Windsor –Essex County.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
• Graduate degree (Masters of Social Work MSW) from a recognized University
• Member in good standing and current registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers required
• Completion of a Police Clearance and Vulnerable Sector check prior to commencing employment.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm, Friday, October 5, 2018. Refer to posting SCSW18BP.