Job PostingBack to Join Our Team
Position Title: MEDICAL SECRETARY
Company/Program: Windsor Essex Community Health Centre (WECHC)
Classification: Part time - Up to 35 hours per week
Date Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
This position will support the mission, vision and values of the Windsor Essex Community Health Centre (WE CHC). This position will support safety, quality care of clients/patients.
• Perform reception and administrative duties, including; greeting clients in person and on the phone, coordinating meetings and taking meeting minutes, photocopying, faxing and scanning documents into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
• Schedule client, specialist and diagnostic testing appointments
• Prepare, maintain, update, retrieve, track and file charts manually and electronically
• Ensure accurate tracking and logging of all client interventions, hours and appropriate reporting requirements as identified by the Erie St. Clair Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) and the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MOHLTC)
• Provide referral information for internal and/or external programs and services to support the “circle of care” for clients
• Implement document management and distribution systems and maintain inventory of necessary forms and supplies
• Maintain petty cash, as required
• Initiate crisis response procedures when necessary
• Assist program staff with administrative needs
• Perform other duties that support the mission and vision of the organization and/or as assigned based on position responsibilities and/or site requirements.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Minimum 2-5 years recent experience in a health setting
• Experience with reception responsibilities using a multi-line phone system and EMR
• Proficient in typing, the use of computers and various software applications is required
• Exceptional customer service skills are required to work with internal and external clients, community partners and resources
• Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills, combined with good analytical, problem solving, organizational and administrative skills
• Ability to work flexible schedule of hours
• Bilingual (English/French) language skills an asset
• Current and valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s License with reliable transportation to support travel throughout Windsor-Essex County and the province as required.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
• Medical Secretary Diploma from a recognized institution
• Member of the Ontario Medical Secretaries Association is preferred
• Additional training in computer software applications and/or secretarial skills an asset
• Completion of a Police Clearance and Vulnerable Sector Check prior to commencing employment.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm, Wed, Aug 23, 2017. Refer to posting THMS17AP.