Job PostingBack to Join Our Team
Position Title: Nurse Practitioner
Company/Program: Windsor Essex Community Health Centre
Salary Classification: Part Time Contract 12-18 months, 19.5 Hours per week
Date Posted: April 11, 2018
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
The primary focus of the Nurse Practitioner is to provide primary care to young people ages 12-24 years. As a key member of the inter-professional team, the Nurse Practitioner will:
• Perform assessment, diagnosis and treatment, health education/counselling and other clinical activities according to the College of Nurses of Ontario standards of practice for Registered Nurses in the Extended Class (NPs) as well as the Medical Directives of the WECHC
• Assist client’s access to primary health care and serve as a connection to community physicians/inpatient services in hospitals
• Work collaboratively with prescribing physician and the health care team to provide optimal care
• Provide clinic assessments addressing the physical and emotional needs of clients with multiple co-morbid conditions including eating disorders
• Contribute to chart documentation as per college standards, participate in chart reviews and case conferences
• Make referrals to support client’s needs and goals
• Initiate the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment, education, counselling and health promotion programs and services as appropriate
• Implement appropriate strategies by working with the inter-professional team using a client centered approach
• Actively participate in the teaching/learning process with clients, families students and team members about best practice and evidence based care
• Perform other duties that support the mission and vision of the organization and/or as assigned based on position responsibilities and/or site requirements.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Registered Nurse working with adolescents, and mental health.
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience as an Extended Class Nurse Practitioner working with adolescents, and mental health
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with the eating disorder population.
• Experience in a community health setting or combination of community health and hospital or public health settings.
• Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation is required.
• Demonstrated ability to work in an inter-professional team environment is required.
• Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills, combined with good analytical, problem solving, organizational and administrative skills
• Proficient in the use of computers and various software applications is required
• Bilingual (English/French) language skills an asset.
• Strong attention to patient and family-centered care and establishing therapeutic relationships is required.
• Evidence of on-going professional development is required.
• Must have a clean Driver’s Abstract and a current, valid Class “G” Driver’s License.
• Must have reliable transportation to support travel throughout Windsor-Essex County.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
• Graduate degree in nursing from a recognized University is required.
• Member in good standing in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario is required.
• Member in good standing with the Nurse Practitioners’ Association of Ontario (NPAO) is required.
• Member of the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) required.
• Completion of a Police Clearance/Vulnerable Sector check required prior to commencing employment.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm, Friday, April 20, 2018. Refer to posting THNP18AC.