Job PostingBack to Join Our Team
Position Title: SOCIAL WORKER
Company/Program: Windsor Essex Community Health Centre
Classification: 35 hours per week, 12 Month Contract
Date Posted: January 4, 2019
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
The Social Worker will provide counselling/therapy and other therapeutic functions, crisis intervention and participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and service for individuals, families and the community. As a key member of the inter-professional team, the Social Worker will:
• Implement appropriate strategies by working with the inter-professional team using a client centered approach, providing individual, family and group work services to clients.
• Contribute to chart documentation, participate in chart review and case conferences and make referrals to other community services as appropriate.
• Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment, education, counselling and health promotion programs and services for individual, couples, families and the community served by the Centre.
• Assist clients and community partners to build support networks.
• Perform intake assessment, counselling/therapy and crisis intervention functions for individuals and families while managing caseloads effectively.
• Plan, develop, coordinate and evaluate the specific services for adolescents and families.
• Act as a resource person/client advocate to Centre staff, clients and community partners by compiling information on community resources and facilitate access to those resources by liaising with community groups.
• Collaborate with WECHC staff and other community agencies to identify, recommend and/or develop resources and materials, and participate in delivery of programs and services.
• Supervise graduate students in field placement practicum or internships, as requested.
• Demonstrate a commitment to a safe environment for staff, clients and families by working in compliance with the WECHC related policies, health and safety regulations and completing mandated training and educational sessions as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Minimum 3-5 years recent experience in counselling/therapy working with the youth population, with preference to those who have worked in a community health setting.
• Proficiency in current assessment, and psychological counselling techniques for working with individuals, families and the community.
• Attendance at professional development opportunities (locally and outside of Windsor- Essex County) related to counselling those with substance abuse and their families.
• Must have experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
• Additional supervised clinical training an asset.
• Adherence to the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of Social Work.
• Proficient in typing, the use of computers and various software applications is required.
• Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills, combined with good analytical, problem solving, organizational and administrative skills.
• Bilingual (English/French) language skills an asset.
• Clean driver’s abstract and a current and valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s License with reliable transportation to support travel throughout Windsor-Essex County.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
• Graduate degree (Masters of Social Work, MSW) from a recognized University in Social Work preferred.
• Member in good standing and current registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
• Completion of a Police Clearance and Vulnerable Sector Check prior to commencing employment.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm, Monday, January 14, 2019. Refer to posting THSW19BC.