Windsor Essex Community Health Centre Aging at Home program provides specialized exercise programs and education to people with chronic disease in Windsor Essex.
Some components of the program include:
- circuit exercise program and 12 weeks of specialized Education for clients diagnosed with COPD
- 2 circuit exercise programs for clients with neurological disorders based on functional ability
- Group exercise for clients with chronic diseases in Windsor, Lasalle and Amherstburg
- Therapeutic pool program for those with neurological disorders
- Group low impact pool programs for those with chronic diseases in Windsor and Lasalle
- Smoking cessation counseling
- Social work support by referrals
- Registered Dietitian by referrals
- Speech language pathology
- Tai Chi and Qi Gong exercise in Windsor and Amherstburg open to any member of public
- Mall walking at Tecumseh and Devonshire Mall open to any member of the public (supported by CDMP)
- Outdoor walking and nordic walking in summer months
Individuals interested in taking part in the exercise program can register themselves or be referred by their health care provider.
Social work support is available by referrals.
Registered Dietitian support available by referrals.