Client Bill of Rights & Responsibilities
Every individual has the right:
1. TO BE TREATED WITH COURTESY AND RESPECT in a manner that fully recognizes their dignity and individuality.
2. TO PRIVACY and CONFIDENTIALITY in all matters.
3. TO KNOW WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR CARE and who is providing their treatment.
4. TO BE INFORMED of their medical condition, treatment and proposed course of treatment.
5. TO PARTICIPATE in making any decision and in obtaining other opinions in any aspect of their care.
6. TO GIVE OR REFUSE CONSENT to treatment, including medications, and to be informed of the consequences of giving or refusing consent.
7. TO HAVE A DESIGNATE in place to receive information concerning their care.
8. TO HAVE ACCESS to the information retained in their file, except when it is reasonable to believe that such access would result in a substantial risk to the physical, mental or emotional health of the client or harm a third party.
9. TO BE AWARE of the procedures for initiating a complaint.
10. TO A SAFE AND SECURE SERVICE ENVIRONMENT. Standards, certifications, inspections, procedures and best practices are in place and monitored regularly.
11. TO REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION (for persons with special needs or disabilities) in accordance with the law.
Every individual has the responsibility:
1. TO TREAT OTHERS with consideration, courtesy and respect.
2. TO PARTICIPATE with all caregivers in their treatment, rehabilitation and care planning.
3. TO BE RESPONSIBLE for all personal property and valuables while at the Centre.
4. TO RESPECT WECHC property and its contents.
5. TO ABIDE BY the Centre’s rules and regulations, policies and procedures.