Become a Master Your Health Volunteer Peer Leader
When: (Monday, July 23, 2018 - Saturday, March 09, 2019) 08:30 AM - 04:00 PM, (Monday, March 11, 2019 - Monday, December 30, 2019) 08:30 AM - 04:00 PM
We are looking for YOU to become a Master Your Health Volunteer Peer Leader!!
What is Self-Management?
Self-management programs are 6-week structured, time-limited interventions designed to provide health information and engage individuals in actively managing their chronic conditions. Stanford Chronic Disease Self-Management programs are evidence based and designed for individuals who live with chronic conditions, and their caregivers. The self-management program is associated with increased self confidence and a better quality of life.
Stanford Leader Training:
A 4-day structured program designed to prepare you to co-facilitate workshops to assist participants to:
- Set goals, action plans and problem solve
- Improve their coping skills and manage their difficult emotions
- Become more active and eat healthier
- Cope with pain and fatigue
- Engage in positive thinking and visualizations
- Work with their healthcare teams and make decisions about treatments
Who Can Become a Peer Leader:
- Anyone who is affected by a chronic condition including yourself, family members, caregivers and healthcare professionals
- Anyone interested in helping others learn to better manage their chronic condition and live a healthy life
What do Peer Leaders Receive?
- A $150 stipend for every 6-week series led and completed, for those who qualify
- All tools, materials and resources needed to facilitate the workshops
Contact Us For More Information on Becoming a Peer Leader
Toll Free: 1-855-259-3605