Windsor Essex Community Health Centre, Active Aging Program provides specialized exercise programs and education to people living with chronic disease in Windsor and Essex County.
Some components of the program include:
- Circuit exercise programs based on function ability in Windsor and Essex County
- Group exercise for clients with chronic diseases in Windsor and Essex County
- Therapeutic pool program in Windsor and Essex County
- Speech language pathology
- Stretch Out Stress (SOS)
- Upper Extremity Program to improve strength and coordination
- Minds in Motion (in partnership with the Alzheimer’s Association of Windsor)
- Outdoor walking and Nordic walking during the summer months
•Individuals interested in taking part in the exercise program or in Respiratory Wellness can register themselves or be referred by their health care provider
For more information call 519-997-2827 ext. 341
Chronic Disease Management Program (CDMP)
The Chronic Disease Management Program provides a variety of FREE services for clients living with chronic diseases such as: Stroke, Respiratory Disease, Diabetes, Arthritis, MS, Parkinson’s, Chronic Pain, Obesity, Heart Disease, etc. Our goal is to assist you in staying healthy, active, safe, and living at home.
All of our classes are designed improve cardiovascular endurance, strength, balance, and flexibility.
- Group & Functional Fitness
- Therapeutic Exercise Circuits
- Therapeutic Pool Classes
- Stretching & Mindfulness Programs
- Falls Prevention
- Occupational Therapy
- Upper Extremity Program
- Home Safety Assessment & Grab Bar Program
- Speech Language Pathology
- Dietitian Services
- Physicians & Nurse Practitioners
- Social Work
Physician referral is NOT required. Program placement and referrals for services will be determined at time of assessment.
Falls Prevention Program
Falls are a major cause of injury and death among seniors. Most falls can be prevented. The Falls Prevention Program works with clients to assess the risk factors related to falls and provides individualized education, recommendations and referrals to community resources. Monthly Clinics are held across Windsor and Essex County. The goal is to improve the safety and independence of seniors by reducing the number of falls and fall-related injuries.
For more information call 519-997-2823 ext. 417
OT Home Safety & Grab Bar Program
An Occupational Therapist meets with clients for an in-home safety assessment to identify falls risks, home hazards, and/or equipment needs. If grab bars are recommended, the Occupational Therapist will help to have them properly placed and professionally installed at no cost to individuals who qualify. The Occupational Therapist also provides education, other recommendations and referrals to community resources/supports. The goal of this program is to assist seniors to stay safe and independent in their own homes.
For more information call 519-997-2823 ext. 341