Our Respiratory Therapist
- Provides pre and post-bronchodilator testing for clients rostered to one of our primary care locations with suspected respiratory disease, with primary care consultation.
- Develops asthma and COPD Action Plans for clients working with the weCHC physicians and nurse practitioners.
- Provides respiratory education and materials needed to help educate and empower clients to become confident to handle their respiratory disease.
For more information at Leamington, please call 519-997-2823 ext. 341.
For more information at Pickwick, please call 519-997-2827.
For more information at Sandwich, please call 519-258-6002.
Take control of your lung disease and improve your quality of life.
- This program is for anyone who has been diagnosed with respiratory diseases such as asthma, COPD, or pulmonary fibrosis, among others.
- 11 weeks of 1-hour exercise sessions (2 days/week) focussing on cardio-respiratory endurance training with a Recreational Therapist and Respiratory Therapist/Certified Respiratory Educator.
- Clients require consent from their Family Doctor or Nurse Practitioner prior to participating in the exercise. The Respiratory Therapist will complete an assessment to determine program placement and duration following intake.