weCHC – Teen offers medical and counselling services for youths aged 12 to 24. Counselling services are available for individuals and are also delivered in the form of group sessions. weCHC – Teen also has services for those affected by eating disorders or substance abuse problems, as well as support for parents and guardians.
The medical professionals at the Teen Health site of the Windsor Essex Community Health Centre (WECHC) specialize in the health of young people aged 12 to 24.
Our staff encourages clients to ask questions. Our staff also provides the latest information about medical and emotional concerns.
Walk-in clients are always welcome. However, to avoid waiting, please call and make an appointment. Our nurses can answer many of your questions right over the phone.
The Teen Health site offers medical services in the following areas:
- Annual health exams
- General health concerns (e.g., sore throat, flu, etc.)
- Information on birth control methods and abstinence
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Pelvic examinations
- Pregnancy tests, counselling regarding pregnancy, and prenatal care
- Depression and anxiety assessment
- Eating disorders, including bulimia and anorexia nervosa
- Smoking cessation
- Acne and skin care
- Sports injuries and nutrition
- Sexuality and puberty information
Teen Health offers free, confidential, individual counselling for youths aged 12 to 24. Please call and speak to an intake worker for information on counselling services at 519-253-8481 ext. 0.
Counselling is available in a variety of areas:
- Family conflict
- Eating disorders
- Unplanned pregnancy
- Relationship problems with friends
- Substance abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Other general teen concerns
Individual Nutrition Counselling
Clinical nutrition services are provided at Teen Health for teens aged 12–24 years. These services are free of charge and are led by a registered dietitian.
Prenatal Support Program
This support group provides a warm and friendly atmosphere and is designed specifically for adolescents and young adults. Our prenatal instructor gives participants the information and help they need to have a healthy pregnancy, labour, and delivery.
For more information on all Teen Health programs and services, please call 519-253-8481.